Re: GNOME applet to display uptime for testing dist?

On 23/07/05, André Wendt <andre.wendt@web.de> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> looking for an applet to display uptime on my laptop w/ Debian testing,
> I found the package uptime-applet (duh!). However, it seems to be
> orphaned and is only available for Woody. I'd install it anyway if it
> weren't for all those dependencies...
>
> Does anyone know of an applet with similar functionality I can use?

http://freshmeat.net is a good source for this kind of thing..

I just did a search for "uptime" and found (amongst others)..

http://freshmeat.net/projects/uptime_applet/ "uptime_applet is a Gnome
applet which will display your system uptime."

http://freshmeat.net/projects/uptimepeak/ "UptimePeak is a program
that captures and records uptime peaks between sessions. The 'uptime'
command is used to retrieve uptime data allowing any user to use this
program. Designed to be executed manually or from crontab, uptime
snapshots are taken as often as the command is executed. The uptime
value from each snapshot is stored until the machine is rebooted, at
which point the uptime peak is archived. Various output formats are
implemented for on-demand reports and HTML pages."

There's a lot more to choose from though.

Cheers,
Al.