Re: compaq presario 2200 on SARGE

Just try to disable hotplug and see whether it works. May be u could use knoppix to boot into ur machine (if unsure check the very recent archives) and disable hotplug mechanism. If u can boot into debian after this, may be u could recompile latest kernel and enable all the modules you need and reinstall hotplug. Not sure, but the problem could be that hotplug is trying to load modules that are not existing or not compatible..!!!