Re: how to update packages now sarge is stable?

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 19:13 +0100, Lee wrote:
> Will updates such as this continue to be added to the sarge depositories or
> is every software update now a manual affair? What is the best way to manage
> this process?

I myself track testing, with packages from unstable if some bug is
bothering me or when I feel adventurous... If there is a serious bug, I
expect it to be fixed in stable, but I don't know if the firefox thing
falls into that category. You could manually update firefox from the
unstable or testing distribution (1.0.6 is in unstable now for i386). Or
you can wait and see if a new version is backported to stable
(www.backports.org).

Finally, you could consider something like Ubuntu. The reason that I'm
suggesting this is because I think that if you weren't happy with Debian
stable before the sarge release, then you're probably not happy with
stable in a few months when it starts to get older and older. And if I
understood correctly, with your Debian knowledge you'll still feel at
home with Ubuntu.

Koen