Re: Sony PCG-C1VE sonypi camera and/et fnkeyinit activation

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:10:28 +0000
"Lau Mig" <miguipda@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> Je poss鐡e un Sony PCG-C1VE.
> En faisant dmesg, je vois que la camera et fnkeyinit sont _ off.
> D駸ireux d置tiliser ma motion eye webcam de mon portable, je dois
> mettre ces  deux param鑼res _ on.
> J誕i essay_ en changeant la valeur de 0 _ 1 dans les fichiers
> concernant ces  deux param鑼res pensant que sonypi en tiendrait
> compte, mais cela n誕 rien  chang_ et il remet automatiquement les
> param鑼res avec la valeur 0 (off).
>
> Comment puis-je changer ces deux param鑼res afin de pouvoir utiliser
> ma  webcam et les touches de fonctions ?
>
> Merci et excellente journ馥.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a Sony PCG-C1VE.
> When I do dmesg I can see that the camera and fnkeyinit parameter have
> the  off value.
> As I will be able to use my motion eye webcam I need to set those
> values as  on.
> I tried to change the value from 0 to 1 in the concerned files
> containing  those two parameters because I though sonypi will use it
> but it doesn稚  change nothing and it automatically reset those two
> parameters with the 0  (off) value.
>
> How can I change those two parameters to be able using my webcam and
> the  functions keys ?
>
> Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Hi

I have created just a thing for you. I have a website talking about this
issue, as I have gone through it, and finally got it working all right.
Everything works like a charm.

Please visit my site at:

http://celifornia.com/linux/article.php?story=20050629121445911

This was about the FN keys and Jogdial, and about the camera, you can
read the site I made as an install review of my Laptop.

http://celifornia.com/documents/sonyvaio.html

I hope it helps

Ben