Re: gnome-terminal

Willie McKemie:
> On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 01:10:01PM -0400, Eric Cooper wrote:
> >
> > On my system, using Gnome, I use the
> >   Applications > Desktop Preferences > Advanced > Preferred Applications
> > menu and choose Web Browser.
>
> Thanks to Eric, Jochem, and Vivek!  I am not at all familiar with Gnome

s/Jochem/Jochen :)

> or even desktop stuff.  I did find the thing under (apparently)
> Nautilus.  It was rather obscurely located on my Libranet 2.8.1
> desktop.  I wonder in what files those control parameters are stored.

Don't ask me where this stuff is saved in the file system but Gnome uses
the "gconf" system. Run gconf-editor to get an idea. It looks a bit like
the Windows registry but Gnome people don't like to hear that. ;-) The
only cool thing I know about it is that a running gnome-settings-daemon
informs running Gnome applications of changes. The downside is
gnome-seetings-daemon.

> My terminal oriented mind wants to know.  I wonder where I should have
> found my own answer?

No idea.

J.
--
When standing at the top of beachy head I find the rocks below very
attractive.