Re: memory stick

> For what it's worth, I have run ``mkfs -t vfat'' on a memory stick once,
> after it had accumulated some weird and (as far as I recall) undeletable
> files (due to a sequence of events involving unplugging without dismounting,
> Windows or Macintosh system freezes, and other things). The stick has
> been working normally ever since; I use it almost every day.
> However, given the multitude of USB flash drive like devices, I would
> not be surprised if this didn't work on other models.

Is the consensus that I need to reformat the stick then? I'm a bit
nervous about this because of the "paperweight" rumours, also this
seems like a strange solution as the stick works fine with Windows,
also it worked on my colleague's RedHat machine. It is a fairly
standard USB memory stick as far as I can see...

--cjc