Slow boot with Kernel 2.6.12, why? Incredible slow.

Hi

I was using 2.6.11 kernel on my Vaio Picturebook, and I had some
outstanding issues with ACPI, so I wanted to install the 2.6.12 kernel.
As I didnt find a debian specific 2.6.12 kernel, I grabbed the one from
Kernel.org, the latest stable one. I compiled it, and before compiling,
I imported the already working config file of my 2.6.11 compile. I
quickly double checked that all entries are correct, and I compiled. The
machine boots, just incredibly slowly. Unbelievable slowly. The 2.6.11
is slow also, compare to 2.4 kernels on this laptop, but still it is
done in 1min40secs. BUt the 2.6.12 is 4min5secs. Why would that be?
There are no errors, etc. Just really slow booting. Does all the same,
just slowly.

Thanks

Benedek Frank