Re: Batch Resize, how to?

Benedek Frank <linux@celifornia.com> writes:

> I am trying to organize my pictures, and I am looking for a batch resizing
> program for my laptop. I was googling for a while, but I didnt find anything,
> only one program for GIMP, but that didnt work. Any good plugins for GIMP? Or
> command line tool?

'convert' from the imagemagick package does the job.

Its a console programm, so you can easy use it for scripts.

It works like this:

convert -resize 800x600 originalpic_name resizedpic_name

e.g. resizes the originalpic to 800x600 and stores the resized pic in
the new file resizedpic_name.

Andre Schmidt <andre1969@gmx.de>