startx wont start what I need it to start

Hi

I upgraded to X4.5 as the ATI driver didnt work with my laptop, only in the
recent version. I am on Sarge by the way. SInce I have upgraded, startx just
brings up the regular basic X window, with the strange greenish bacground and
3 open terminals with white backgournds. I hope you know what I mean. When I
type

update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

I get this

vaio:/home/ben# update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

There are 5 alternatives which provide `x-window-manager'.

  Selection    Alternative
      1        /usr/bin/metacity
      2        /usr/bin/kwin
      3        /usr/bin/blackbox
*+    4        /usr/bin/enlightenment
      5        /usr/bin/sawfish

Press enter to keep the default[*], or type selection number:

But when I type startx, enliughtenment will not start. How should I correct
this?

Thanks in advanced. By the way, with KDM I can start anything just fine, but I
am in the process to lighten up the machine for faster boot, it is a 667Mhz
transmeta.

Thanks

Ben