IBM 760XL

I just moved my 760XL from Gentoo to Debian 3.1 (wanted something that
doesn't take forever to update).  I got the main system installed, and
everything seems to be working ok, except that it doesn't go to sleep
when I close it.  I'm just having a problem with XFree86.  Is there a
way to install x.org with Debian 3.1?  I had lots of success with it
when I was running Gentoo.  If not, it looks like the only thing that
is stopping XFree86 from running is the mouse.  I had it set initially
to /dev/mice, but that didn't work.  In Gentoo, I had it set to
/dev/psaux, but that didn't work either when I tried it.  Any ideas as
to how to get it to work?
--
Brian Ronk