Re: Sarge on Sony Vaio (now english ;-) )

On Saturday 11 June 2005 21:40, you wrote:
> Servus Benedek,
>
> Benedek Frank wrote:
> > www.celifornia.com/documents/dell700m.html
>
> thanx a lot, this has helped me!
>
> On your webpage I have read about acpi powermanagement.
> You write one must have a kernel grater than 2.6.8 and it seems like its
> dealing about centrinos. I have a Pentium 4 and my kernel is 2.6.8.11
> Do you know, how to del with acpi under this conditions?

Hi

In regards to ACPI on my page I help to people with the same hardware, as for
Dell 700m. ACPI is something in your kernel, and it communicates with your
hardware. If you had ACPI support with SUSE you will have it with Debian as
well. Just the frontend changed. In debian, we have acpi scripts
in /etc/acpi/ folder. You can find them on the net googleing I am sure, for
your specific laptop. Go and browse around in www.tuxmobil.org and click
notebook, and then sony. You might find something useful. But if you had ACPI
support in Suse with a kernel, the same kernel will give you the same
features in Debian, just you need to make it controlled by Debian. And that
is the acpid package, and the script. So install acpid (apt-get install
acpid) and then google.

I hope it helped

Benedek