Sony Vaio PCG-C1VRX/K Picturebook, Suspend to Ram works, but has a strange effect on the idle display

Hi

I finally got my Suspend to RAM working with my Picturebook. If interested
how, please go to

www.celifornia.com/documents/sonyvaio.html

But I have got one problem. If I try the suspend with the 2.6.11 kernel that I
have, it wil do it beautifuly, but it will not resume from suspend no matter
what I do. I find it googling, that I need to pass a special boot parameter
with Grub, that looks like this

acpi_sleep=s3_bios

After all my Grub entry looks like this:

title           Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.11
root            (hd0,1)
kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11 root=/dev/hda2 ro acpi_sleep=s3_bios
initrd          /boot/initrd.img-2.6.11
savedefault
boot

Now, I can suspend and resume with the script I wrote for it, but even while
suspended, the screen wont turn 100% off. If I tilt in in a way, about
160degree angle, I can see some text on the screen. Of course I can barely
see it, but I can for Christ`s sake, while it should be off. For an
"untrained" eye it seems the screen is black of course, but I got suspicious
after a few days of being able to suspend, as the laptop wasnt 100% quiet.
The screen is making a little, very very little scratching noise, that I
cannot really describe its more like an "electric" noise. Its bugging me, as
it must be using some of my battery, while it should not be using anything
other than what the RAM needs to not loose its stored memory.

Thanks for helping, and let me know if you need any other log or files from my
lappy.

Bence