Re: Which laptop?

* Willie McKemie <mckemie@austinfarm.org> [2005-06-10 08:35:07 -0500]:

> I've been messing with Compaq Armadas (73xx, 78xx, 7400, 7800) quite
> some time and haven't been able to get everything to work at one time.
> USB is broken under kernels 2.6.x.  PCMCIA tends to not work under
> 2.4.x and in certain cases (new Ubuntu at least) a Debian 2.4.x kernel
> package fails to run X.
>
> So, I'm shopping for slightly more modern, but still modestly priced,
> laptop.  Who can comment on Debian on Dell Latitude C600 or similar?
> Compaq EVOs?  These are generally available "off lease", sans microsoft
> tax, for ~$350.
>
> Willie

Hi Willie,

I've run DELL Laptops ever since. I'm typing this e-mail on a DELL
Inspiron 82000 - relatively old but still a good mobile to work with.
It supports ACPI, PCMCIA and much more and is on eB.. for muss less than
a modern notebook. In combination with the 2.4 GHz processor, 1GB RAM
and the 7K60 (or 7K100) it still rocks!

Regards,
Marc