Re: Floppy installation

He said he doesn't have a NIC. How would he get the packages?

v/r
Russ

Laurent CARON wrote:

jean-jaques@women-at-work.org a écrit :

I have a pretty old Toshiba Sattelite laptop. It doesn't have a NIC and it doesn't have a cd drive either. I was wondering if it is possible to get a
complete floppy installation of a debian system. I already have the boot
floppy and the root floppy.
It would probably be good if it is an older version, because the laptop has
only 16MB Ram and the new debian installer requires 24MB.

Thanks,
Dan

You can boot a netinstall with a floppy (packages are fetched over the network).

Laurent