Re: wireless card

Emmanuele Salvati <emmanuele.salvati@gmail.com> wrote in
[🔎] fb0833c050604181767b2b870@mail.gmail.com:">news:[🔎] fb0833c050604181767b2b870@mail.gmail.com:

> hi all,
>
> i installed sarge debian on a toshiba satellite a65-s1067.
> i need to buy a wireless card.
> can anybody give me an advice (or a list) about which ones work in
> debian?
>
> thanks a lot,

I've been using the orinoco classic gold card for a long time with good
results; but perhaps a word of caution if you go to a netgear WG511 card.
One of the cards will work with the prism54 driver and one won't.  Same
card different place of manufacture.  The cards branded "made in taiwan"
work; the cards marked "made in china" will not.  On
comp.os.linux.portable, I got good advice to purchase a $20 JAHT card
which will work with the prism54 driver quite well. That's a 11g card as
well.

I also use a intel 2200bg card with the ipw2200 driver with good results.

--
Michael Perry | do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mike@meperry.net, mperry@lnxpowered.org