Re: Problem on external usb mouse on laptop

Hi... sorry, I have no idea what might be going on... however, I noticed
our xf86config do not match... mine is:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USBMouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
#       Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
#       Option          "Emulate3Timeout"       "70"
        Option          "CorePointer"
EndSection

I remember I had problems when I removed the corepointer...

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "AlwaysCore"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "VertScrollDelta"       "100"
        Option          "AccelFactor"           "0.0010"
        Option          "RightEdge"             "5400"
        Option          "MaxTapTime"            "180"
        Option          "TopEdge"               "1900"
        Option          "SHMConfig"             "on"
        Option          "FingerLow"             "25"
        Option          "LeftEdge"              "1900"
        Option          "MaxTapMove"            "220"
        Option          "MinSpeed"              "0.02"
        Option          "FingerHigh"            "30"
        Option          "MaxSpeed"              "0.18"
        Option          "BottomEdge"            "4000"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
EndSection

also, it might be interesting installing the package from debian site
(the xfree86-driver-synaptics:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/xfree86-driver-synaptics
)

hope it helps...