Re: Debian Sarge + madwifi : cannot bring up interface ath0

What is the output of "ifup ath0" after you have manually  typed "modprobe ath0"?  That is the only thing your should have to use modprobe on.  The rest are loaded as dependancies when you load them using modprobe.  Try using Kwifi to see if the car is scanning and finding anything also.  Let me know what you find.

Robert

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 14:33, Dominique Orban wrote:
On 31 May 2005 14:04:29 -0400, Robert Goley <ragoley@rdasys.com> wrote:
> It sounds like the driver for the wireless card is not loaded or that
> the card you are using is not a Atheros based card.  I am using several
> Atheros based cards with those kernels.  Try typing "modprobe ath_pci"
> before typing "ifup ath0".  If it works, you may need to at ath_pci to
> the /etc/modules file.

I am certain this is an Atheros-based card: I use it successfully on a
different laptop running SuSE 9.1 Pro with madwifi. Moreover, when by
luck I manage to bring up the interface, the output of 'lspci'
confirms that it is an Atheros.

I can modprobe wlan, ath_hal and ath_pci manually without problems or
errors. Unfortunately, still can't bring up ath0.

Is there more information that I could provide which would be helpful?

Thanks for the reply,
Dominique