Re: ALSA help!

Strange. Your ALSA is saying that it cannot find a soundcard. He is
saying that you shouldn't use the nm256 driver. So, if you are using the
nm256 driver, and he (and others) are saying that you need another
driver to get a working setup, I'm not surprised that your ALSA config
cannot find a soundcard.

Additionally, /dev/dsp is not needed for ALSA, it is only for OSS
emulation. I have ALSA running, but I don't have /dev/dsp.

So, it's up to you. My best bet would be to follow the advice and let
others try to help you (post the output of the commands). If you're sure
that you are doing the right thing and the hardware isn't broken, file a
bug report.

Koen