Re: XF86Config-4 on thinkpad 570 ("pipe" sign doesnt work)

Martin Theiss wrote:
> Hi Sergiy, *,
>
> Sergiy wrote:
[..]

> Ever tried this:
>
> --- SNIP [/etc/X11/XF86Config-4] ---
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "keyboard"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "de"
> #        Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
> EndSection
> --- SNIP ---
>
> This is what xserver-xfree86 tells a user during configuration. Look at the
> section "pc102"/"pc105"...
>
> --- SNIP [/var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xfree86.templates] ---
> Template: xserver-xfree86/config/inputdevice/keyboard/model
> Type: string
>  For the X server to handle your keyboard correctly, a keyboard model must be
>  entered.  Available models depend on which XKB rule set is in use.
>  .
>  The "pc101" keyboard is a traditional IBM PC/AT style keyboard with 101 keys,
>  historically common in the United States.  It does not have the "logo" or
>  "menu" keys.
>  .
>  The "pc104" keyboard is like the pc101 model, with additional keys.  These
>  keys are usually engraved with a "logo" symbol (there is typically a pair of
>  these, between each set of control and alt keys), and a "menu" key.
>  .
>  The "pc102" and "pc105" models are versions of the pc101 and pc104 keyboards,
>  respectively, often found in Europe.  If your keyboard has a "< >" key (a
>  single key engraved with both the less-than and greater-than symbols), you
>  likely have a "pc102" or "pc105" model; if you choose "pc101" or "pc104"
>  instead, your "< >" key might not work.
>  .
>  The "macintosh" model is for Macintosh keyboards where the kernel and console
>  tools use the new input layer which uses Linux keycodes; "macintosh_old" is
>  for Macintosh keyboard users who are not using the new input layer.
>  .
>  All of the above models use the "xfree86" rule set.
>  .
>  The "type4" and "type5" models are for Sun Type4 and Type5 keyboards,
>  respectively.  These models can only be used if the "sun" XKB rule set is in
>  use.
>  .
>  Laptop keyboards often do not have as many keys as standalone models; laptop
>  users should select the keyboard model most closely approximated by the
>  above.
>  .
>  Advanced users can use any model defined by the selected XKB rule set.  If
>  the xlibs package has been unpacked, see the /etc/X11/xkb/rules directory for
>  available rule sets.
>  .
>  Users of U.S. English keyboards should generally enter "pc104".
> [...]

Hi,

Thanks, I've read the /var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xfree86.templates file.
My "<>|" key is working right now =)

It works with this two XKbModel's, but the last one is the right one (I
dont have any Logo-keys)

Option          "XkbModel"      "pc106"
Option          "XkbModel"      "pc103"

Thanks all,