Dlink DWL-G650 with madwifi

Hi all,

yet another madwifi victim ... :)
I have a DWL-G650, second revision (the one with an atheros chipset) and
a thinkpad X20 running debian sarge with a 2.6.8 kernel. I successfully
installed the drivers and set up my essid and password using iwconfig.
iwlist ath0 scan correctly shows my accesspoint. So far so good. However
if I try to do ping -I /dev/ath0 IP_of_my_AP I get the error message
"connect: Network is unreachable".

Any hints how I should best go on from here?

Regards,
Meike

--
Meike Reichle - University of Hildesheim

mail:	mrei0999@rz.uni-hildesheim.de
web:	www.uni-hildesheim.de/~mrei0999