[OT] Re: Dear Beloved

On Monday 16 May 2005 15:41, Tim Cutts wrote:

> Normally these things pass me by, but I found this one particularly
> obnoxious - my father died of oesophageal cancer 6 months ago.  It's an
> extremely unpleasant way to die, and I find the use of it to gain
> sympathy for a scammer particularly low.

My condolances.
After my father died (5 years ago now) I was most annoyed by companies not
bothering to properly cancel subscriptions and such, even after repeated
complaints.

> I don't know why I even read it at all - I guess my eyes are quite
> attuned to the words 'oesophageal' and 'cancer' these days, especially
> since I used to be a cancer research scientist.

Did you notice how the illness has "defiled" instead of "defied"
treatment? Ah well, I guess you can't really expect spammers to have an
education that allows them to use proper English.