Re: Screenshots alternatives (was: ImageMagic: Problem with display's grab function)

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005, Jan T. Kim wrote:

I have a problem with the display program of imagemagick 6.0.6.2-2.2:
I tried to grab a snapshot of a window by using File -> Open... and
clicking the "Grab" button in the file selector, but instead of
proceeding with the "Enter any delay in seconds" dialog, I get a
"unable to open image '<currentworkdir>/x:': No such file or directory:"
notice.

It looks to me as though something goes wrong in the display program
internally, it appears to look for a file called "x:" where the string
"x:" is really meant to indicate that the image is to be grabbed rather
than loaded from a file.

I updated all packages just today, but the problem remains.

Unfortunately, the problem persists, even after another update yesterday.
So at first I would check the bug tracking system

        http://bugs.debian.org/imagemagick

whether this is a known bug.  If not I would use

        reportbug

to report this problem.

I therefore wonder which programs others use for getting screenshots.
Use Gimp once you reported the bug.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

PS: What is the reason for posting this kind of questions on debian-laptop.
    I would call debian-user as the right list.

--
http://fam-tille.de