AirCard 750 / PCMCIA woes

Hi all!
I'm having troubles with an AirCard 750, I followed the instructions
found here: http://www.sierrawireless.com/SupportDownload/ac7x0_linux.asp
Sadly, they didn't work.

Although cardmgr identifys the card correctly as a serial device for
some reason it doesn't map it to /dev/modem.

Both dmesg and /var/log/messages are quiet on the situation so I don't
have any error messages nor do i know if the card is on a /dev/ttyS?
or similar.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to find the cards
/dev entry or any tips on anything else I might have done wrong.

Cheers!
Lee