Re: Ndiswrapper and SID on Inspiron 5160 - RESOLVED

Thanks to all that helped and after playing with this for a while, what
I determined is that the module was built, installed and loaded
properly.  I discovered this by turning off all security at my access
point and was finally able to make a connection.  So, by trial and
error, I played around with security settings and discovered that when
accessing a secure AP using iwconfig, you must configure the WEP
information before specifying ESSID perameters.

iwconfig wlan0 key restricted XXXXXX
iwconfig wlan0 essid "mywap"

ifup wlan0

All of the documentation that I had found previously was instructing the
input of the essid perameters first.

This is all I had to change and the configuration works now.

Thanks again to all.