Re: partition table numberings

On Monday 21 March 2005 13:57, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> > LVM can make life *so much* easier when resizing, installing or
> > deinstalling disks, etc.  Use it.
>
> This is fabulous. But I don't think it's much feasible in case of a
> notebook and I posted the problem keeping my notebook in mind.
> Will using LVM on a notebook, which will always have just one singe disk,
> give any benefit ?

Why not?  The idea was to avoid the need for partitioning.  Those of us with
dual boot Windows systems would probably have to keep the Windows partition,
of course, and for your specific case, I'm not sure if it would help - I
don't know if swsusp would handle partitions in LVM any better than using a
swap file.

> "Stealing logic from one person is plagiarism, stealing from many is
> research".

Odd.  I've always seen this quote without the word "logic", and I can't
imagine why the addition of a word improves it :-)
--
derek