Re: snd-cs4236 and Thinkpad 600E

Antonio-Blasco Bonito wrote:

1- Add lines to /etc/discover.conf-2.6
skip snd-cs46xx

2- Add lines to /etc/hotplug/blacklist

Was the _ vs - intentional?

I am running Sarge with the 2.6x i686 kernel. Is skip/blacklist the only option in Debian to skip a driver? There is no method to remove drivers from the "master list" of drivers vs the logic flow of "detected but I am suppose to skip it"?

My 600E was also loading the ac97 driver, so I added it in these spots as well, and it no longer loads either. I will try dropping ac97 to see if these lines were actually enough, maybe it trying ac97 was a side affect of the cs64xx failing.

Glad this was recently on the list. Saved me a lot of hunting to get this mobile test server to boot consistently. :-)

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems