Re: 700m SD driver link

On 10 Mar 2005, Benedek Frank wrote:
[... driver for SD cards ...]

> Yes, but this is for Windows, and this is a Debian forum, hence I was looking
> for a Linux driver.
>
> Thanks for the link though, I wish they had a Linux driver as well.

There has been some talk on the Linux kernel list of including an open
source SD card driver into the MMC card framework present in the most
recent 2.6 releases.

You can probably expect to be able to have this supported within six
months through freely available drivers.  Previously, concerns about
patents and licensing held up availability of the driver kit.

        Daniel

--
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a
lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of