make-kpkg won't compile thinkpad-source

Hi!

I have an IBM Thinkpad R50 and I want to use the tpctl tools. I
installed thinkpad-source and thinkpad-base. As far as I understood it,
when compiling a kernel with make-kpkg, the thinkpad-modules should be
compiles from thinkpad-source "automatically". Unfortunately, when I execute

---:/usr/src/linux# make-kpkg --revision=0.01
--append-to-version=.07032005 modules-image

I get the following output:

for module in  ; do                       \
          if test -d  $module; then                                \
    (cd $module;                                          \
              if ./debian/rules KVERS="2.6.11.07032005"
KSRC="/usr/src/linux" \
                             KMAINT="Unknown Kernel Package Maintainer"
KEMAIL="unknown@unconfigured.in.etc.kernel-pkg.conf"      \
                             KPKG_DEST_DIR="/usr/src/linux/.."       \
                             KPKG_MAINTAINER="Unknown Kernel Package
Maintainer"        \
                             KPKG_EXTRAV_ARG="EXTRAVERSION=.07032005"
      \
                             ARCH="i386"                  \
                             KDREV="0.01" kdist_image; then    \
                  echo "Module $module processed fine";            \
              else                                                  \
                   echo "Module $module failed.";                  \
                   if [ "X" != "X" ]; then      \
                      echo "Perhaps $module does not understand
--rootcmd?";  \
                      echo "If you see messages that indicate that it
is not"; \
                      echo "in fact being built as root, please file a
bug ";  \
                      echo "against $module.";                     \
                   fi;                                              \
                   echo "Hit return to Continue";                   \
         read ans;                                        \
              fi;                                                   \
  fi;                                                      \
        done

I found out, that the lines come from the script
/usr/src/linux/.debian/rules but I cannot figure out what is wrong. I
use the 2.6.11-kernel-sources from kernel.org, but I tried the
kernel-source-2.6.10-Debian package as well....

What am I doing wrong?

Tnx in advance

 Karl