Re: HP laptop

Dimitris E. Kiousis wrote:
> Will I encounter any problems?
Probably nothing immediate, most basic things (e.g. keyboard, monitor, hard
drive, etc.) are supported. You may have problems with power management, the
touchpad (increasingly unlikely), and peripherals. The centrino wlan chipsets
don't work well with GNU/Linux, but should be ok with ndiswrapper (I think).

> Are HP compatible with Linux and Debian?
Not specifically, but many of the parts are.

> Do I have to download any particular drivers?
Install first, then if anything doesn't work, use google. E.g. if the touchpad
doesn't work, search for 'linux "HP NX-9030" touchpad' or similar.