TuxMobil News 02/2005

    Hello,

    a few days ago I have got a link to the 3,000th Linux laptop
    installation report submitted. This is a milestone showing the
    increasing popularity of the installation survey.

    Please support our work by submitting news and Linux reports about
    laptops, notebooks, PDAs, mobile phones and portable media players.

    The "TuxMobil News Digest" for February 2005[1] has good news
    for Linux PDA, mobile phone, laptop and notebook users. Here is an
    extract of the most important or most interesting  messages.
    If you are missing news, applications or documents, don't
    hesitate to contact me.

    Werner Heuser

|=| Monthly Highlights

|=| Make your laptop shock resistent. Do you want to use a
    CompactFlash card as the only disk drive in a laptop?
    PCMCIA root fs boots from a floppy disk using a PCMCIA drive,
    (I suppose you may boot from an USB stick, too), some laptops are
    even capable to boot from a PCMCIA drive directly:
    http://www.agol.dk/elgaard/pcmciaboot/

|=| Complete Monthly Digest

    [1] http://tuxmobil.org/mobile_news_2005_02.html

|=| Daily RSS, Archive, Submission Form, Subscription

    You may find the _daily_ TuxMobil News RSS/XML channel, the archiv and
    a news submission form at http://tuxmobil.org/newsfeed.html

    BTW: You may subscribe to the complete _monthly_ digest there, too.

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Berliner Str. 122 = D-13187 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe at tuxmobil.org>     T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86