How to enable the windows key on a dell laptop?

Hi

I have a Dell inspiron 8200 and would like enable the windows key at
the bottom left of the kb, inbetween fn and alt.

I installed xkeymap but it does not have maps for dell laptop kb's.
The closest was "PC 104 wide delete, short enter" which isnt quite
right but it does have a windows key, when i tap the key in xkeymap
it lights up yellow as key "73" so i save that keymap to
~/.xmodmap.hostname

I dont know though if gdm reads that when i log into xfce4, but the
key still wont work.

any suggestions?

--
Angelina Carlton