Re: Help with ACPI and CPU throttling

Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

>>>Do you have something else than powerbtn in your /etc/acpi/events/
>>>directory? Default acpi Debian package ships no scripts for sleep and
>>>lid events.
>>>
>>>Yannick
>

> Yes, I have a couple of other files from the laptop-mode-utils package which
> work for lid close, on battery and on ac in the events directory.
>
> I think my problem is somewhere with the ACPI system which, as per dmesg, says
> S0,S1,S3,S4,S5 to be supported but whenever I hit "echo mem
>
>>>/proc/acpi/sleep" my notebook just shuts down instead of going into the
>
> state of suspend-to-ram.
>

> rrs

mmmh "echo mem > /proc/acpi/sleep" is symantical not the correct way.

you can try:

echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep #standby mode
echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep #suspend to ram
echo 4 > /proc/acpi/sleep #suspend to disk

alternatively:
echo standby > /sys/power/state
echo mem > /sys/power/state
echo disk > /sys/power/state

important infos:
standby/suspend to ram:
you have perhaps to unload some modules:
uhci_hcd, ehci_hcd, usbhid
perhaps just stop hotplug before and reload after

suspend to disk:
perhaps unload some modules, too.
Don`t forget to set the resume=/dev/hdaX parameter to your lilo/grub conf

Good Luck
Peter

- --
		    Key-ID:     0x1A995A9B
		    keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 4606 DA19 EC2E 9A0B 0157  C81B DA07 CF63 1A99 5A9B