Re: problem with 1280x800 resolution

Barry, Christopher wrote:

1280x800?? That's a very weird resolution. I've seen 1280x1024 and
1600x1280 - but never 1280x800. Are you sure?

-C
Not sure about his machine, but I have an eMachines laptop that has a similar wide-screen resolution and had similar problems getting it to happily play under various Linux flavors.

The assumptions in many of the X configuration tools (both command-line and things like KDE's Control Panel, Debian's installer, RH's Anaconda, etc...) are astounding. Many programmers/programs assume resolutions like1280x800 are not valid and are inflexible about it.
Nate