Re: what's the best way to deal with a disconnect eth0?

You say he's tech savvy, so teach him what "ifup eth0" means. He can
use it in the rare instance that he plugs it in.

Then don't put eth0 in the "auto" line of /etc/network/interfaces

Curt-

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 11:30, Eric van der Paardt was heard to
say:

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history