AOpen 1557... any resources?

Hi there,

I just joined the list this afternoon and I am currently trying to sort
things out on an AOpen 1557 (GLS). I have searched the web for another
guy having installed Debian on the same laptop but did not found any
useful information.

Anyway, I'd like to know if there is somewhere I should look at first
(some resource you recommend) or if, by any chance, someone has already
done a full Debian install on this laptop.

I am mainly using Sarge sources, with a 4.3.0 XFree86 server and a
2.6.8-1 kernel.

So far, I have written the following document, which is pretty basic,
and sorts install problems with the wireless card and hotkeys.

http://glasnost.beeznest.org/articles/194/edit

Still, I am having difficulties finding ways to:
- get 3D accel to work (ATI Radeon Mobility 9700)
- get my laptop to sleep, using ACPI AND the sleep key (Fn+F2)
- get my modem to work (Intel AC'97) -> this should be easy

I am not really into kernel compiling stuff, and really prefer the
apt-get install way, but hey, life is not *always* so easy.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Yannick Warnier