Re: Fwd: wireless network card / pcmcia support

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 08:32 +0000, Loz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm reposting this as I've still got the problem, and dispite all my
> attempts, I cannot find a solution. Can anyone help me?
>
> I am running the Demudi AGNULA 1.2.0 distribution, which is a custom
> audio-related kernel based on a snapshot of Sarge. If you need any
> further info, please ask.

Hi,

Firstly, if that Agnula kernel includes some audio-related patches, you
probably want to use the source from there to build your new kernel.

The kernel source package that you have included from Debian at the
moment is unbuilt, and some modules will need it to be built before you
can build modules against it.  I'm sure there are lots of helpful hints
as to how to build a kernel, after which you will be able to build the
modules you want, but here's a quick summary of one way to do this:

su -
cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.25
./debian/rules binary

Possbly you will not have the "dpkg-dev" package installed before you
try this - it will be needed.

Once you have built the kernel package in this way, the source tree
should have a bunch of files created in the process which should mean
that the module building process you outlined does work.

Regards,
					Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
              You're almost as happy as you think you are.