Re: How to turn off internal monitor when using external one

Hello,

> >However if I switch to the text console (even if X is running in the
> >background), the internal monitor does turn off. Thus I suspect it
> >could be a problem of configuring X correctly. I guess that I should
> >somehow tell X that I have two distinct monitors, and want to use
> >only one of them. But I don't know how to do that.
>
>    Well. Xinermara comes to mind. Also what if you use the function
> keys on the laptop for monitor switching? Would that do it?

if not, there might be a way to tell your X to send the notebook screen
    into dpms suspend mode. That would turn the backlight off and send
    the screen to suspend which might do the trick. But sadly i have to
    admit i have no Idea how to do that. At least it might help.

I'd be interested how you could get xinerama to do that trick though.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Hauser <martin@alla.franken.de>
GPG-Encrypted mail preferred, KEY: 6DDE273D