Re: Old Laptop

I have installed two old laptops that way, you can get the floppy images here:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/rc2/images/floppy/

It requires 3 floppies (boot,root and cdrom drivers) and the cd's .

It is prety self explanantory but if you need help just ask.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:06:33 -0800
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 04:55:47PM -0500, jeremy pedersen wrote:
> > I have an old laptop that does not have BIOS support for booting from cd. I
> > am wondering, is there some way to create a boot floppy that can be used to
> > find my CD drive, so that I can boot the debian installation from CDs?
>
> Might try:
>
>   http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/
>
> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley@hank.org
>

> --

Loren A. Linden Levy
481 Loomis, Department of Physics
1110 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801-3080
Tel:   217-244-7995   Fax: 217-333-1215
Email: lindenle@uiuc.edu
url:   http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~lindenle/
This email has been cryptographically signed.
Search for "lindenle" at pgp.mit.edu
to obtain my public key which can be used
to verify the authenticity of this message.