Re: /dev/thinkpad keeps disappearing

OoO  En cette  nuit nuageuse  du lundi  31 janvier  2005,  vers 00:07,
Pollywog <linux-debian@shadypond.com> disait:

>   #mkdir --mode=755 /dev/thinkpad
>   #mknod --mode=664 /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad c 10 170
>   #chown root:thinkpad /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad

> This worked but the device would disappear after a reboot.

udev should  have saved the  newly created node  to respawn it  on the
next  reboot.   In  fact,   with  udev,  the   /dev  hierarchy   is  a
ramdisk. However, on shutdown, udev should save the content to restore
it on boot.

>> Alternatively you can add 'thinkpad' to /etc/modules.

> I had not tried this, I had added nvram to that file and solved that problem.
> I will try adding thinkpad to that file also.

Another approach would be to ask  udev to create the node by modifying
one of the files in /etc/udev.
--
BOFH excuse #296:
The hardware bus needs a new token.