Re: loosing wireless connection

On Thursday 27 January 2005 16:19, Alvin Smith wrote:
> > A wild guess would be your pcmcia card going into a power-saving mode.
>
> If so, then how, or where, do I tell it to either wake up, or not to do that?
> It is on AC power, not running on the battery when this happens.  Not sure if
> it happens while running on the battery.

You should be able to manage the driver's powersave-modes through iwconfig. `man iwconfig' should provide the information needed.
Another possibility is that the driver is unstable -- for that you'd need to check whether a new version of the driver or firmware is available, and otherwise consult the driver's documentation.

Regards, Anders Breindahl.