Re: Debian on Thinkpad 755C with NO cd-rom drive

I've started installing Debian (the latest stable) and i've put all the 20 base floppies in. Where could I get the X window packages for debian from, to put them on the hadrive (with the floppies- I don't have the cables for a ftp connection) and then use apt-get to install them?

Ioana

seth.edwards@pobox.com wrote:

I used to run Debian on a 755C for several years (it was my first laptop).
I installed via floppy and eventually hooked up to a PLIP connection.  In
fact I used it until just before I moved about 18 months ago.  I had X and
fvwm95 running on it.  It does run much better though if you have 36MB.
If you use a smaller wm you'll probably get better performance than I did.

Seth