Re: best practice for adapting to different environments?

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 18:24 +0100, Kai Hildebrandt wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 00:00:41 +1100
> Drew Parsons <dparsons@emerall.com> wrote:
>

> Does your smarthost understand SMTP-AUTH?
>
> Then it schould work from ANY place with ANY mailaddress because you're
> authenticating directly to the server. You have configure exim to do
> use authentication with passwd file /etc/exim4/passwd.client. Just add
> one line:
> your_smarthost:your_login:your_password

Ah, you're right, it does work.  I had tried that and it didn't work,
but putting some more effort into it, I find that the "login" is
"user@isp.com", not simply "user".  Doing it this way, it seems to work
fine.

That makes my life easier, then.  Thanks for the tip.

Drew