Re: Apt-get update killed i810 audio?

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 12:52 +1000, Ben wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem recently...
>
> I'm running debian testing. did an apt-get update three days ago and now
>   my sound doesn't work!
> dmesg doesn't show anything interesting, but i have noticed on boot when
> pci loads(?) that i810 is blacklisted

Yes it is. The reason is I guess that it interferes with the ALSA
drivers, which are prefered. If you want to continue using OSS just take
it out of the hotplug blacklist (in /etc/hotplug).

cheers,
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Ph.D. Student                   Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus@ailab.ch hkunz.bogus@ifi.unizh.ch
---
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
		-- Laurence J. Peter