Re: USB

Hi Guys,

OK. Found the chip;

http://www.elandigitalsystems.com/asic/vmb5000.php

Does 16 bit and 32 bit PCMCIA > USB 2.0.

Can't believe these guys are in the UK ... I thought we'd all left.

Now anyone fancy designing a product and making it for USD 10 each, retail ?

I might run to USD 25 given the dollar's precipitous and ongoing collapse.

Somebody please do this. Think of the possibilities ! All those Linux users with PDAs wanting CF cards to USB2.0 .....

Not to mention the legions of perfectly operational 16 bit PCMCIA slots in old laptops, now lurking in cupboards throughout the world (of which I happen to have 5, or is it 6).

IanW