Cisco aironet with Sarge/2.6.8 not working

Hello,
  I am running Debian sarge on a Toshiba Tecra 9100 running kernel
2.6.8-1-686. I am using a Cisco Aironet 350 card. Both airo and
airo_cs modules are loaded when I insert the card, however when I try
to bring up the interface, it reports that bringing up the interface.
I cannot find any error messages in syslog or dmesg.
  The same card was working with 2.6.6-1-686. Is anyone facing the
same problem and solved it ?
--
Gokul