Re: MIC's loud and Speaker screams when sound module loads. Why?

On Friday 03 December 2004 10:43 am, you wrote:
> I had a different sound issue, where my blacklisted modules where being
> loaded by 'discover' long before I wanted them to be.
>
> Adding the line 'skip modulename' to /etc/discover.conf was all I needed
> to get the module to quit loading...
>
> For my sound to work I had to actually load it from an init script last
> (right before kdm).  I also call aumix at this time to restore my mixer
> settings.
>
> This might be a solution for you as well... if the same script loaded
> you sound modules and called aumix on success...
>
> I would also check to see if there is a module option you can load the
> module with that would set your levels.
>
> Best of luck,

Hi

Thanks a lot. You did lead me to the solution after all.Great. Discover was
what was loading that esssolo1 in the first place. Now that I plugged in the
line

skip esssolo1

It wont load. Now, I took out the blacklist from HotPlug, just to see if it
behaves the same way, and as it turnes out, if hotplug loads the module, I
dont have the same problem with the MIC. So after all, I dont even need to
use the aumix solution. The problem was that discover loaded the module with
the MIC set loud, and hotplug doesnt do that. Great. I will include a bug
report to Debian.

Thanks for all your help

Bence