Re: MIC's loud and Speaker screams when sound module loads. Why?

On Thursday 02 December 2004 18:02, p wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Okay, I did as you said. I created the file /etc/default/aumix and I put
> > the line in, just as you said.
> >
> > Now, nothing changed unfortunately. When I run aumix again, it is now
> > fixed, the MIC and SPKR are both at null position, however during boot
> > time, when solo1 module loads, the speaker screams until KDM takes over.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> //
>
> [corny/temporary approach:]  plug headphones into the
> speaker jack during boot.
>
> [other approach:]  recompile kernel with "solo1" as a
> module, which can then be inserted into the kernel after
> kdm is running.
>
> can you post "lshw".
>
> kthxbye.
>
> b.
>
> //

Hi

The corny approach, I used already. But yes, that is very temporary.

The second one, I am doing right now. I started to compile the kernel an hour
ago, but it will take 3 hours on this machine. The solo1 I put as a module. I
only found it under OSS. I left everything out from that section, except the
solo1 [M]

The ALSA I also included, as I eventually want to move to that.

Can you tell me, when the recompile is done, what do I do? How do I insert the
module late, when KDM starts? Write a little script like

modprobe esssolo1

???

And before that put esssolo1 into HotPlug's blacklist? If yes, how do I do
that? Just insert

esssolo1

to the file called "blacklist" in hotplugs directory?

The lshw isbelow

Thanks for helping

ultralite:/home/ben# lshw
ultralite
    product: VUB6BCE-00B-000
    vendor: NEC
    serial: 1400001EA
    capabilities: smbios-2.3 dmi-2.3
  *-core
       vendor: NEC
       physical id: 0
     *-firmware
          vendor: NEC
          physical id: 0
          version: NOTE BIOS Version/303A1700 (03/06/2001)
          size: 102KB
          capacity: 448KB
          capabilities: isa pci pcmcia pnp upgrade shadowing escd cdboot
bootselect edd int13floppy1200 int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial
int17printer int10video acpi
     *-cpu
          product: Transmeta(tm) Crusoe(tm) Processor TMTM5600
          vendor: GenuineTMx86
          physical id: 4
          version: 5.4.3
          slot: Laptop Computer CPU
          size: 600MHz
          capacity: 600MHz
          clock: 66MHz
          capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr cx8 cmov mmx
longrun
        *-cache:0
             physical id: 8
             slot: Internal
             size: 128KB
             capacity: 128KB
             capabilities: internal write-back
        *-cache:1
             physical id: 9
             slot: Internal
             size: 512KB
             capacity: 512KB
             capabilities: internal write-back
     *-memory:0 UNCLAIMED
          physical id: 15
          slot: System board or motherboard
          capacity: 2MB
        *-bank UNCLAIMED
             physical id: 0
             slot: 1J
             size: 2GB
             configuration: width=8
     *-memory:1 UNCLAIMED
          physical id: 16
          slot: System board or motherboard
          capacity: 4MB
        *-bank UNCLAIMED
             physical id: 0
             slot: 3F
             size: 4MB
             clock: 83MHz (12.0482ns)
             configuration: width=64
     *-memory:2 UNCLAIMED
          physical id: 17
          slot: System board or motherboard
          capacity: 64MB
        *-bank:0 UNCLAIMED
             physical id: 0
             slot: 1L
             size: 16MB
             clock: 120MHz (8.33333ns)
             configuration: width=16
        *-bank:1 UNCLAIMED
             physical id: 1
             slot: 1M
             size: 16MB
             clock: 120MHz (8.33333ns)
             configuration: width=16
        *-bank:2 UNCLAIMED
             physical id: 2
             slot: 1N
             size: 16MB
             clock: 120MHz (8.33333ns)
             configuration: width=16
        *-bank:3 UNCLAIMED
             physical id: 3
             slot: 1P
             size: 16MB
             clock: 120MHz (8.33333ns)
             configuration: width=16
     *-memory:3 UNCLAIMED
          physical id: 18
          slot: System board or motherboard
          capacity: 256MB
        *-bank UNCLAIMED
             physical id: 0
             slot: P1
             size: 128MB
             clock: 120MHz (8.33333ns)
             configuration: width=64
     *-memory:4 UNCLAIMED
          physical id: 1
     *-memory:5 UNCLAIMED
          physical id: 2
     *-pci
          product: LongRun Northbridge
          vendor: Transmeta Corporation
          physical id: fc000000
          bus info: pci@00:00.0
          version: 00
          clock: 33MHz
        *-memory:0 UNCLAIMED
             product: SDRAM controller
             vendor: Transmeta Corporation
             physical id: 0.1
             bus info: pci@00:00.1
             version: 00
             clock: 33MHz (30.303ns)
        *-memory:1 UNCLAIMED
             product: BIOS scratchpad
             vendor: Transmeta Corporation
             physical id: 0.2
             bus info: pci@00:00.2
             version: 00
             clock: 33MHz (30.303ns)
        *-pcmcia
             product: PCI1410 PC card Cardbus Controller
             vendor: Texas Instruments
             physical id: 3
             bus info: pci@00:03.0
             version: 01
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: pcmcia bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=yenta_cardbus irq=9
           *-network
                product: ISL37300P
                vendor: NETGEAR MA401RA Wireless PC
                physical id: 0
                version: Eval-RevA
                slot: Socket 0
                configuration: irq=3
        *-multimedia
             product: ES1969 Solo-1 Audiodrive
             vendor: ESS Technology
             physical id: 4
             bus info: pci@00:04.0
             version: 02
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=ESS irq=11
        *-display UNCLAIMED
             product: Rage Mobility P/M
             vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
             physical id: 5
             bus info: pci@00:05.0
             version: 64
             size: 16MB
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: vga bus_master cap_list
             configuration: irq=10
        *-network
             product: 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100]
             vendor: Intel Corp.
             physical id: 6
             bus info: pci@00:06.0
             version: 09
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=e100 irq=9
        *-communication
             product: Xircom
             vendor: Xircom
             physical id: 6.1
             bus info: pci@00:06.1
             version: 00
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: 16550 cap_list
             configuration: driver=serial irq=9
        *-isa UNCLAIMED
             product: M1533 PCI to ISA Bridge [Aladdin IV]
             vendor: ALi Corporation
             physical id: 7
             bus info: pci@00:07.0
             version: 00
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: isa bus_master cap_list
        *-ide
             product: M5229 IDE
             vendor: ALi Corporation
             physical id: 10
             bus info: pci@00:10.0
             version: c3
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=ALI15x3 irq=255
           *-ide
                physical id: 0
                bus info: ide@0
                logical name: ide0
                clock: 33MHz
              *-disk
                   product: HITACHI_DK23BA-20
                   physical id: 0
                   bus info: ide@0:master
                   logical name: /dev/hda
                   version: 00E0A0A0
                   serial: 12N6SS
                   size: 18GB
                   capacity: 18GB
                   capabilities: ata dma lba iordy smart security pm apm
                   configuration: apm=off mode=udma4 smart=on
        *-bridge UNCLAIMED
             product: M7101 Power Management Controller [PMU]
             vendor: ALi Corporation
             physical id: 11
             bus info: pci@00:11.0
             version: 00
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: bridge
        *-usb
             product: USB 1.1 Controller
             vendor: ALi Corporation
             physical id: 14
             bus info: pci@00:14.0
             version: 03
             clock: 33MHz
             capabilities: ohci bus_master cap_list
             configuration: driver=ohci_hcd irq=5
  *-network:0
       physical id: 1
       logical name: eth0
       serial: 00:10:a4:77:2b:90
       capabilities: mii autonegotiation 100bt-fd 100bt 10bt-fd 10bt ethernet
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=e100 driverversion=3.0.18
firmware=N/A ip=192.168.100.150 link=no multicast=yes
  *-network:1 DISABLED
       physical id: 2
       logical name: sit0
  *-network:2
       physical id: 3
       logical name: eth1
       serial: 00:09:5b:4b:f7:ad
       capabilities: ethernet
       configuration: broadcast=yes ip=192.168.0.5 multicast=yes