Re: USB DVD burner for laptop, Debian compatible?

Hi,

Although I'm not an expert in the topic under discussion, I doubt you
will find what you're looking for...

Writing to CD/DVDs takes more power than USB can provide you.  Much less
USB ports from laptops, which are known to provide even less power...

Concerning compatibility with Debian, I've used a DVD burner in an
external USB2.0 case, and burned a few CD's with K3b.  Everything went
all right...

Kernel 2.6.9 will give you some problems with recording CD/DVDs.  Kernel
2.6.8 sometimes also (some people says it works,,, with me it
doesn't...)  Kernel 2.6.7 write CD/DVDs without problems.

João