Re: AMILO 1420 fan makes lot of noise

Stephan Ohl wrote:

Hi

I have installed debian sarge on my Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO 1420 notebook. The fan makes a lot of noise and I have no idea how to slow down speed or how to stop the fan. I am not even sure if it is possible at all. I loaded the ACPI modules, but there are no entries under /proc/acpi/fan and /proc/acpi/thermal_zone. Is there no support by my hardware for controlling this?

Any ideas?
Many laptops have controls for the fan speed. On dell, there is something called i8kutils. Maybe you can find something similar for your laptop, or try playing around with lmsensors.

Jason