Re: pcmcia

Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> writes:

> I didn't say Sarge, I said Testing. He said Testing. Once Sarge is
> branched off, Testing will become completely unreliable and remain so
> for an unpredictable period.

That is a big exaggeration.  For me testing has been quite reliable,
with the odd problem every month or so, most of which are easily fixed
(nothing too serious, I never had a data loss or an unbootable machine,
the most serious and difficult to fix was fonts looking ugly in Mozilla).
And I'm using it ever since it exists.

> Unstable has the latest kernels, which I took from his note to be a
> prerequisite. It also works quite well. It's "unstable" aspect merely
> means that updates aught to be done carefully and manually. If it
> doesn't work well for you, such is life.

A much more workable approach is to use testing by default and
to update to unstable or hold back those packages that have problems.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <juergen@jstuber.net>
http://www.jstuber.net/

Looking for consulting and project work in Mozart/Oz, Linux kernel, USB